About the Instructor
Susan Schenk is an Occupational Therapist, Learning Difference Advocate, Author, Speaker, Mom, Wife, and CEO of Technology & Tools for kids.
Through her business Technology & Tools for kids, she supports parents with her Strategy Sessions.
She supports her peers by teaching OTs across North America how to use technology in a powerful way to develop skills in the school setting - with her online courses such as iPads at School, Click to School Success, and Keyboarding Skills Made Easy.
She also spoke at the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapist about Barriers When it Comes to Technology in the School Setting.
"Beyond Ok from Invisible to Invincible" is her book which will take you through her learning journey as she discovered how she learned and how she could support others that learn differently.
Her book led to the creation of the Invincible Mama Program which is now a series of Videos and Workbooks. As well as co-creating a Shift Your Thinking LD Summit which is out of Toronto twice a year!
This course is for you if you want to:
- Help a child "show what they know" and learn through technology, even in the earliest grade levels (kindergarten).
- Learn how a program can be set up to work on different skill levels while increasing a child's independence from one grade to the next.
- Learn how to observe, set up strategies and specific goals for the level the child is working at right now.
- Learn how you can use one software and/or app program to help kids learn letters, sight words and develop writing skills -- without having to learn a new program.
- Learn how technology can support kids that are struggling with the physical part of letter formation or writing, and how they can still make progress in reading and writing skills as they continue to develop their printing skills.
- Save time searching for information about how to set up and use programs in a way that is multisensory and meaningful for your child. Customize the program to fit the child's needs.
- Be able to set up and customize various grids that are appropriate for each child and at their level--so that they can experience success and independence with writing.
- Using Technology as soon as possible to Support Students
- Level One
- Children with these Skills Need to Start at Level One
- Level One with Clicker Software
- How a student will Access the Clicker Software
- Level One Part Four
- Listen and Select Using the Mouse or Touchpad
- Level One Visual of the Basic Skills
- Level One What to Observe and Set the Best Goals
- Review of Documents and Wordbanks
- Clicker Set Up: Word bank from Blank template
- Clicker Set Up Options
- Opening a Clicker Document in Clicker
- Setting Up a Word Bank in Clicker
- Customize the Clicker Word Bank and Save for a number of Students
- Level One with the Clicker Software
- Adding Colour and Images to Wordbanks